1. Review rules and regulations to make sure that you meet the
2. Make sure that Canadian National Symbols are used.
3. Make sure that Black and White posters have no colours in the
posters or they will be considered a Colour Poster
4. For poems and essays, make sure to check spelling and grammar.
Also check word count to make sure you are within the limit.
5. Make certainyour poem or essay is from your heart, as these have
the greatest chance to advance in the contest.
6. If you can, please type your poems or essay, to help the judges
7. Make sure that your work is historically accurate in its
Note: Our Canadian Flag came into use in 1965. Before
that the Red Ensign was in use.
8. The three versions of the Red Ensign that were used: